If you struggle with bloating, you should probably stay away from most salads.
1. Raw veggies are much harder to digest!
2. Common ingredients in dressings like garlic and honey can cause major bloat.
3. Toppings like dried fruits and fried crunchy bits are not helping your belly feel good.
But sometimes you just want to tuck into a big rainbow bowl of goodies! Or have a raw veg side dish to serve alongside your fave proteins.
This recipe works for both full meals and side dishes. It's packed with protein and healthy fats, plus tons of micronutrients to keep you feeling amazing... without causing a ton of bloating.
If you're in need of a healthy recipe to bring along to holiday dinners this season, look no further! This salad is low in carbs, high in healthy fat and fibre. That means it's super satisfying and will balance your blood sugar to prevent cravings and overeating Christmas cookies.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 mdium lemon, juiced
- to taste sea salt and black pepper